Vegetarian Brown Rice Casserole
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1-- (19-ounce) can ready-to-serve lentil soup
- 1package (about 9-ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1-- (7.75-ounce) can unsalted mixed vegetables, drained
- 1large or 2 small canned roasted peppers, diced
- 1/2cup shreddded cheddar cheese, divided
- Combine soup, rice, mixed vegetables, peppers and 6 tablespoons of the cheddar cheese in a 2-quart, microwave-safe casserole or baking dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and level the top of the mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of cheddar cheese.
- Cover and cook in a microwave oven at full power until heated through and the cheese has melted (about 5 minutes).
- Uncover and cool for 1 minute before serving.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 230
- Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 640mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 10g