Vegetarian Brown Rice Casserole
- Yield 4 servings
This easy casserole turns a can of vegetarian lentil soup into a hearty casserole with the help of nutritious, ready-to-serve whole-grain brown rice, canned vegetables, and cheddar cheese.
- 1 -- (19-ounce) can ready-to-serve lentil soup
- 1 package (about 9-ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 -- (7.75-ounce) can unsalted mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 large or 2 small canned roasted peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup shreddded cheddar cheese, divided
- Combine soup, rice, mixed vegetables, peppers and 6 tablespoons of the cheddar cheese in a 2-quart, microwave-safe casserole or baking dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and level the top of the mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of cheddar cheese.
- Cover and cook in a microwave oven at full power until heated through and the cheese has melted (about 5 minutes).
- Uncover and cool for 1 minute before serving.