Vegetable Wheat Quesdilla
- Yield 8 servings
A light and healthy lunch idea.
- 2 -- sprouted wheat tortillas
- 1 cup (4-ounces) shredded part-skim-milk mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup julienned zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- -- pico de gallo (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Place 1 of the tortillas on a work surface and sprinkle with the cheese. Saute the mushrooms in the oil in a skillet over high heat until tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread over the cheese.
- Saute the zucchini in the same skillet. Spread the zucchini and green onions over the mushrooms; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with the remaining tortilla and press down lightly.
- Place on a baking sheet sprayed lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cheese melts and the quesadilla is heated through. Cut into 8 wedges. Serve with pico de gallo.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Cal-a-Vie Living: Gourmet Spa Cuisine (Cal-a-Vie, The Spa Havens, 2007).