Vegetable-Stuffed Turkey Loaf
- Yield 6 servings
This reduced-fat turkey loaf features chili flavors blended with Italian spices and your favorite vegetables.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 -- egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken bouillon
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -- (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and well drained
- 2 -- (1-ounce) slices reduced fat, reduced-sodium American cheese
- -- Additional chili sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion, minced
- In medium-size bowl combine turkey, egg, oats, bouillon, chili sauce, onion, parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Divide turkey mixture in half and set aside.
- Coat an 8-X 4-X 2-3/8-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Press one half of turkey mixture into loaf pan. Top turkey layer with vegetables. Top vegetable layer with cheese slices. Press remaining turkey mixture into loaf pan, sealing all edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. 50 to 60 minutes or until turkey loaf is no longer pink in center. Allow to stand 5 minutes; unmold turkey loaf onto a plate. Garnish with additional chili sauce, if desired.