- Yield 4 servings
Here’s a satisfying main-dish salad that required no cooking at all.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, trimmed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small Vidalia onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 (8-ounce) package plain or flavored feta cheese, rinsed and crumbled
- 1 (16-ounce) can white beans (cannelini or navy), drained and well-rinsed
- Greek Dressing:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To make salad: Place romaine in a nonreactive serving bowl large enough to hold all ingredients. Combine remaining ingredients in another nonreactive bowl.
- To make dressing: Combine all ingredients. Toss this dressing with the vegetable mixture and place atop the romaine. Chill 30 minutes before serving.