- Yield: 8 servings
- 2 1/2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1cup minced red onion
- 8ounces baby zucchini or baby carrots
- 12ounces slender asparagus, trimmed, cut into halves
- 8ounces fresh shelled fava beans or sugar snap peas
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke bottoms, drained and cut into halves
- 1/4cup water
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté until soft, about 10 minutes. Add zucchini, asparagus, fava beans, artichoke bottoms and water. Cover; cook until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Serve with Milk-Braised Pork, Fava Bean Purée and Caramelized Cipollini.
Recipe by Chef Ryan Scott for the California Milk Advisory Board.