Vegetable and Georgia Pecan Calzones
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2cup chopped onion
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- 16ounces bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2cup plus 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2/3cup chopped toasted Georgia pecans
- 1 (10-ounce) tube refrigerated pizza dough
- Heat oven to 375F. Lightly oil a large baking sheet. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add onion and sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in oregano, then mixed vegetables, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have thawed – about 10 minutes. Stir in ½ cup cheese and the pecans.
- Remove dough from package and spread to about a 14 1/2 -inch square. Divide dough into 4 equal squares. Transfer 1 square to baking sheet and top with a heaping cupful of vegetable-pecan mixture. Fold over one corner of dough to meet opposite corner; pinch and roll edges together to enclose filling, creating a triangle turnover shape. Lightly brush top with water, sprinkle with a teaspoon of remaining Parmesan and some black pepper. Make two small slashes in top. Set aside on baking sheet and repeat to make 3 more calzones.
- Bake calzones 15 to 20 minutes or until well browned. Cool slightly before serving.
Recipe courtesy of the Georgia Pecan Commission
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 459
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
- Monounsaturated Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 638mg
- Carbohydrate 55g
- Fiber 8g
- Protein 16g