Vegan Spiced Pistachio Muffins
- Yield servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups non-dairy milk (soy, almond, rice, hemp)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup salted roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, curry powder, coriander, salt, ginger, cumin, cayenne, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk and oil until well blended.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended. Gently fold in pistachios.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-22 minutes or until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack. Serrve warm or let cool completely.
Reprinted with permission from 150 Best Vegan Muffin Recipes by Camilla V. Saulsbury, Robert Rose Inc.