Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1/4teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/16teaspoon salt
- Sweetener (such as 1 stevia packet or 1 tbsp sugar)
- 1cup milk of choice (such as unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 to 2tablespoon chocolate chips
- 3drops pure peppermint extract
- 1teaspoon cocoa powder
- drop Green food coloring (optional)
- Mix the ingredients together in 1 or 2 shallow plastic containers.
- Freeze mixture in containers or ice cube trays.
- Once frozen, pop the blocks out of the container and blend in a food processor or blender.
Note: This ice cream—when made with almond milk—has a very light texture (perfect for summer). For a creamier texture that’s more like real ice cream, substitute use half coconut milk, half almond milk. The mixture can also be put in an ice cream maker.
Recipe courtesy of Katie, chocolate-lover, author and photographer of “the healthy dessert blog,” Chocolate Covered Katie. To view more recipes, please visit http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 120
- Fat 3
- Sugars 0