Vanilla Walnut French Toast
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- 4cups egg substitute, low cholesterol
- 3cups milk, non-fat
- 1/2cup sugar, granulated
- 3tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2loaves Vanilla Walnut Bread (See Recipe)
- -- No-stick cooking spray
- 3cups Orange Cranberry Compote, following recipe
- 2cups Sweet and Spicy California Walnut Sprinkles
Beat egg substitute, milk, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
PER ORDER: Halve 2 slices bread diagonally. Soak slices in milk mixture 30-45 seconds, turning once. Heat a non-stick skillet and coat with cooking spray. Brown bread about 2 minutes on each side, then transfer to a warm serving plate. Place ¼ cup of compote on the side and accompany each order with 2 ½ tablespoons sprinkles.
PORTION: TWO ¾ INCH SLICES; WITH SPRINKLES EACH SERVING CONTAINS 1 OZ. WALNUTS