- Yield: 24 servings
- 1cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14 ounce) bag sweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine condensed milk and vanilla in a large bowl. Add coconut and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Beat egg whites and salt until very stiff peaks form, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Gently fold egg whites into coconut mixture.
- Dip 2 spoons into water, shake them off and form mixture into balls slightly smaller than a golf ball. Do not compact mixture. Place on baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely. Makes 24.
Recipe adapted with permission from the publisher, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, from The Macaroon Bible by Dan Cohen.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 125
- Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 6mg
- Sodium 88mg
- Carbohydrate 16
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 2.5g