- Yield 8 servings
The luscious flavors of a caramel apple in a simple sauce to spoon over ice cream. Have your kids unwrap the candies!
- 1 (14-ounce) bag caramels, wrappers removed
- 1/2 cup clear apple cider
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Combine caramels and cider in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Whisk until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- Scoop ice cream into 8 serving dishes, and spoon warm sauce over the tops. Sprinkle peanuts on top.
—Recipe by Laraine Perri for Relish, Oct. 2011.