Valencia Potato Salad
- Yield 6 servings
A Spanish-style potato salad dressed with a light vinaigrette.
If you have the time, use fresh-roasted or grilled red peppers. This potato salad is better served at room temperature.
- 2 pounds red bliss or Yukon gold potatoes
- Salt, to taste
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup red pimientos, drained and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water 12 to 15 minutes until tender. Cool and chop potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces. Place in a large nonreactive mixing bowl. Add onions, pimientos, peppers, peas, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper. Mix well. Allow to rest at room temperature 20 minutes before serving.