- Yield 1 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 8 mins
This easy omelet is great for breakfast and dinner.
- 2 -- eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons diced green pepper
- 3 tablespoons diced ham
- 1 ounce Harvarti cheese, cut into smalls trips or shredded
- -- Cherry tomatoes, chives or salsa for garnish
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl, add milk and salt, and beat with a fork or wire whisk until pale yellow and foamy.
- Heat butter in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Test heat by tossing a drop of water into butter. Butter is ready if it sizzles. Pour in eggs. Do not stir. Let cook until beginning to set. Sprinkle green pepper over eggs.
- With a heat-resistant rubber spatula, gently push one edge of egg into center of the pan, while tilting the pan to allow liquid egg to flow onto the pan surface. Repeat all around until there is no liquid left.
- When omelet is nearly done, sprinkle diced ham over half. Place cheese on top of ham. Let cook 1 minute.
- Fold half the omelet over the top of the fillings. Remove from pan and place on a warmed plate.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes, parsley, chives, cilantro or salsa.
Recipe courtesy of the Blue Plate Diner, Salt Lake City, Utah.