- Yield 6 servings
A hot breakfast favorite in India.
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ghee or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup any shredded veggies, (carrots, etc.)
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup raisins or craisins
- 1/4 cup nuts (pine nuts, walnuts, or cashews)
- 1 or 2 whole green chillies (chopped, if you want spice)
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 sprig cilantro, for garnish
- Dry roast quinoa in a dry skillet on low flame until slightly golden. Then, take it out.
- Heat ghee/olive oil in the same skillet.
- Add onions, and saute until translucent in color, then add any veggies you chose. Stir frequently throughout.
- Add ginger and green chilies and curry leaves.
- Add nuts and raisins/craisins.
- Add quinoa back in and keep stirring.
- Add water and salt to taste, cook until all water is absorbed.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot or cold.