- Yield: 6 servings
- 1cup Quinoa
- 1medium onion, finely chopped
- 2tablespoons ghee or olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 2cups water
- 1/4cup any shredded veggies, (carrots, etc.)
- 1/4cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4cup raisins or craisins
- 1/4cup nuts (pine nuts, walnuts, or cashews)
- 1 or 2whole green chillies (chopped, if you want spice)
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1sprig cilantro, for garnish
- Dry roast quinoa in a dry skillet on low flame until slightly golden. Then, take it out.
- Heat ghee/olive oil in the same skillet.
- Add onions, and saute until translucent in color, then add any veggies you chose. Stir frequently throughout.
- Add ginger and green chilies and curry leaves.
- Add nuts and raisins/craisins.
- Add quinoa back in and keep stirring.
- Add water and salt to taste, cook until all water is absorbed.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot or cold.