Une Petite Glace à L’amande Avec les Financiers
- Yield servings
Don't let its fancy French name fool you, with an ice cream maker this vanilla sundae doesn't take much effort and tastes like an absolute dream.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4-6 Donsuemor French almond cakes, crumbled, plus more kept intact for topping (if desired)
- Whisk together cream, milk, sugar, and eggs in a heavy medium saucepan until they’re completely combined.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until mixture is thick enough to coat back of a spoon. Strain custard through a sieve into a medium bowl. Add vanilla & almond extracts and stir to mix thoroughly. Cool completely, then chill in the refrigerator (covered), 6-8 hours.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to maker’s directions, adding the crumbled cakes 2-3 minutes before it’s finished. Ice cream will be the consistency of soft serve, freeze overnight for firmer set.
—Recipe by Marilla, Cupcake Rehab