Ultimate Rice Salad
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/4cup vegetable oil
- 2tablespoons vinegar
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2cups cooked rice
- 1-- rib celery, chopped
- 1small onion, chopped
- 1-- bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2teaspoons Italian seaoning
- 1/3-- (1-pound) package frozen peas, blached
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the rice, cerlery, onion, bell pepper, parsley, Italian seasoning and peas and mix well. Chill until ready to serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Five Forks: Irresistibly Delicious Dishes (Kerr Vance Academy, Henderson, N.C., 2010).