Ultimate Rice Salad
- Yield 6 servings
A chilled rice dish that will compliment any entree.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 -- rib celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -- bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seaoning
- 1/3 -- (1-pound) package frozen peas, blached
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the rice, cerlery, onion, bell pepper, parsley, Italian seasoning and peas and mix well. Chill until ready to serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Five Forks: Irresistibly Delicious Dishes (Kerr Vance Academy, Henderson, N.C., 2010).