Ultimate Green Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Yield 6 servings
The strawberries in this salad offer up a healthy dose of antioxidants.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound mesclun mix
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese crumbs
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 -- (8-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- -- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- To prepare the vinaigrette: In a bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic, honey and mustard. Season with salt and pepper and whisk to blend.
- To prepare the salad: In a large bowl, mix together the mesclun, blue cheese, strawberries, mandarin oranges and pecans. Toss with about half the Balsamic Vinaigrette before serving.