Chicken Enchiladas Ultimo
- Yield: servings
- 3-- Chicken breast halves w/ribs
- 1can beer
- 2tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1medium onion chopped
- 4cloves fresh garlic chopped
- 1small jalapeno pepper, chopped (membrane and seeds removed)
- 1/2can diced tomatoes (1/2 of 14 ounce can)
- 1teaspoon cumin
- 1teaspoon chili powder
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4teaspoon Salt & pepper
- 1-- 10 ounce can of Enchilada sauce
- 8-- Flour tortillas (taco size)
- 8ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1-- Med ripe tomato diced
- 1/2cup sour cream
Place chicken in medium saucepan cover in cold water and add one can of beer. Bring to boil and reduce to Low boil. Tilt cover and cook chicken for 30 mins. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Heat olive oil in large skillet over Medium-High heat. Sautee 1/2 of chopped onions, garlic and pepper. Reduce heat to Medium and add remaining ingredients through salt & pepper. Remove skin from breast and discard. Remove meat from ribs, shred with fingers and add to saucepan. Stir ingredients well. Reduced heat to Low and cook for 10 mins. Remove from heat.
Coat a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray. Pour 1/3 of Enchilada sauce on bottom of pan. Wrap one tortilla at a time in a wet paper towel and heat in microwave for 10 sec. (this makes tortilla easy to work with). Spoon chicken mixture onto tortilla, wrap and place in pan. Repeat for remaining tortillas. Evenly spread cheese on top.
Place baking pan in preheated oven and bake for 20 mins. Remove from oven and top with remaining chopped onions, diced tomatoes and sour cream. Enjoy!