Ultimate Buffalo Wings with Cilantro Yogurt Lime Sauce
- Yield: servings
A healthy alternative to the usual fatty Super Bowl party menu, this recipe was sent by Andrea Correale, president of Elegant Affairs, a celebrity catering and event planning company that serves social, corporate and philanthropic clients in New York City and its outlying areas.
- 3pounds chicken wings
- 1/2cup honey
- 1/2cup ketchup tomato
- 2tablespoons Worcestershire
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- Tabasco to taste
- Combine honey, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and Tabasco
- Add wings; toss to coat well.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Place wings on a barbecue grill.
- Grill over medium high heat 10 to 15 minutes, turning often and basting with reserved marinade, until wings are cooked. For super saucy wings, reserve or make extra marinade….reduce on low heat on stove top and toss wings again once they are off the grill.
- Serve with a cilantro lime yogurt sauce
Cilantro Lime Yogurt Sauce
- Combine 1 cup of Greek yogurt with 1 lime juiced and zested , 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro and 1 clove of minced garlic.
- Place in refrigerator for one hour before serving.
Recipe by Andrea Correale