- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2large Russet potatoes (about 1 1/4 pounds), peeled, thinly sliced.
- 1tablespoon minced fresh rosemary, or 2 teaspoons dried and crumbled.
- 2-- orange-flesh sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled, thinly sliced.
- 1 1/2cups whipping cream
- 1cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1/3cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Arrange half of russet potatoes in 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle 1/4 of rosemary over russet potatoes. Top with half of sweet potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle 1/4 of rosemary over. Repeat layering with remaining russets and sweet potatoes, seasoning each layer with salt, pepper and 1/4 of rosemary. Pour cream over. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave on high until potatoes are tender, about 18 minutes. Sprinkle both cheeses over potatoes. Microwave uncovered on high until cheeses melt and bubble, about 3 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Tyler’s And Roses for the Table (The Junior League of Tyler, Texas 1997).