Two-Cheese Turkey Enchiladas
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1-- large onion, chopped
- 1/2cup chopped green peppers
- 1teaspoon brown sugar
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1teaspoon chili powder
- 1-- (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, divided
- 1-- (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4cup fat-free sour cream
- 1-- (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1cup salsa
- 8-- (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Over medium heat, crumble turkey into a large nonstick skillet. Add onion, green pepper, brown sugar and seasonings. Cook and stir over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink.
- Stir in 1 cup crushed tomatoes. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and chilies until blended; set aside.
- Combine salsa and remaining tomatoes. Spread 1 cup into a 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons cream cheese mixture and 1/3 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Top with remaining salsa mixture. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and hot throughout.
Reprinted with permission from Taste of Home's Light & Tasty Magazine.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 329
- Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 49mg
- Sodium 776mg
- Carbohydrate 39g
- Protein 24g