Twice-Cooked Sweet Potato
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4medium potatoes (about 2 pounds), scrubbed
- 1/2cup orange juice
- 1tablespoon orange marmalade
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 2teaspoons low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4cup sesame seeds (you may use a combination of black and white if you like)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Bake sweet potatoes for 40 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and, when cool enough to handle, peel off skins with a sharp paring knife being careful potatoes keep their shape; set aside.
- Combine orange juice, marmalade, honey, gingerroot, tamari and cayenne pepper in a shallow dish. Place sesame seeds in another shallow dish. Dip each cooked sweet potato in honey mixture then roll in sesame seeds.
- Place on a nonstick or lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy on the outside.