Twice Baked Yams
- Yield 8 servings
Here's a show piece with the taste and nutrition to back it up.
- 3 pounds small, unpeeled sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in own juice, drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Cook for 1 hour or until tender. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato; carefully scoop pulp into a bowl, leaving shell intact. Mash pulp; stir in raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon, pineapple and vanilla. Spoon into shells; sprinkle with pecans and marshmallows. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.