Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 12 ounces each)
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3/4cup stemmed and chopped Tuscan kale
- 1/4cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 2teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prick sweet potatoes with a fork. Roast in a baking pan until tender, 45 to 60 minutes. Let cool about 20 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Add olive oil. Add diced onion; sauté until soft. Add kale; sauté until wilted.
- Slice sweet potatoes into halves lengthwise, hollow each half with a spoon, and place cooked flesh in a large mixing bowl. Add kale mixture, yogurt, Parmigiano Reggiano, thyme and salt; mix well.
- Divide filling among sweet potato skins. Top with feta and return to roasting pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until cheese is golden and sweet potatoes are warmed. Let cool 5 minutes, then serve. Serves 4.
Reprinted with permission from Vibrant Food, written and photographed by Kimberley Hasselbrink (Ten Speed Press, 2014).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 270
- Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Sodium 680mg
- Carbohydrate 39g
- Fiber 6g
- Protein 9g