Twice Baked Potatoes
- Yield 4 servings
"This recipe for twice-baked potatoes is easy to prepare. It's good when served with roast pork, beef or chicken."
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Green onions, chopped
- Scrub potatoes well. Puncture tops with a knife and cook on high in the microwave for 10 minutes. Check for doneness. Microwave longer if necessary, until potato pulp is softened.
- Preheat conventional oven to 350F.
- Remove skin from top half of each potato. Scoop pulp into a mixing bowl, allowing a 1/2-inch ‘wall’ of pulp to remain on the sides and bottom of each potato. Mix pulp with milk, cheese, salt and pepper, then spoon mixture into potatoes. Sprinkle paprika over the top. Bake in conventional oven for 30 minutes. Sprinkle green onions on top.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Try other toppings such as bacon bits, sour cream or salsa.
Recipe by James C. Hayes, Ridgecrest, Calif.