Twice-Baked Idaho Potatoes with Smoked Chiles
- Yield 6 servings
Goat cheese, scallions and green chiles pump up the flavor of these twice-baked potatoes.
- 6 large Idaho potatoes, scrubbed and dried
- 1/2 pound soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons pureed canned green chiles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whole or low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Bake the potatoes for 1 hour, or until done, and let the potatoes cool at room temperature.
- When they are cool enough to handle, cut off both ends and hollow out the potates, leaving the shells whole. Reserve the shells. Mash potato flesh with goat cheese, scallions and chipotle puree.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter with milk; then beat it into potato-cheese mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Stuff reserved shells with potato mixture.
- When ready to serve, preheat oven to 400F. Place stuffed potatoes on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes, or until hot.