- Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 35 saltine crackers
- 2sticks butter
- 1cup brown sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line 10×15-inch jelly roll pan with aluminum foil.
- Place saltines (7 down, 5 across) in pan.
- Combine brown sugar and butter in glass bowl or microwave container.
- Cook in microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Stir thoroughly and pour over crackers.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover with chocolate chips. When chips melt, smooth over with spatula.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Chill for 1/2 hour.
- Break into bite-sized pieces.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Charleston’s Charleston Receipts Album; An Organizer for your Collected Recipes (Charleston, South Carolina 2007).