Tuscan-Style Penne with White Beans and Grilled Chicken and Basil
- Yield 4 servings
Made with fresh escarole and cooked in broth with sautéed garlic and seasoned chicken, it is super-tasty!
- 8 ounces short penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups escarole, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup canned white cannellini beans, drained
- 4 ounces grilled chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- Cook the penne pasta al dente according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauteÅL until tender but not browned. Add the escarole, beans, chicken, and chicken broth and bring to a simmer, and then add the cooked pasta and cook until heated through.
- Transfer to individual bowls and sprinkle with the basil.
From the book Eat to Defeat Menopause by Dr. Mache Seibel and Karen Giblin. Reprinted by arrangement with Da Capo Lifelong, a member of the Perseus Books Group. Copyright © 2011.