Tuscan Spinach Slaw
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Sandwich topper or side dish, the choice is yours.
Carrots and zucchini can be grated by hand or use a food processor fitted with the metal blade to chop them. You can make the entire salad without adding the spinach leaves, if you want to make it ahead. Fold in the spinach leaves just before serving.
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3 cups shredded spinach leaves*
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds or anise seed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients well in a large mixing bowl and serve.
*To shred spinach, roll a pile of the leaves and cut thinly crosswise.