- Yield 4 servings
Marinate 1/2-inch-thick steaks of tofu, tempeh, seitan or queso blanco in citrusy-vinegary blend.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 6 -- basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian seasonings
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk together with a wire whip. Makes about 1/4 cup, enough for 1 pound tofu or other protein source or enough cut vegetables for 4 portions.