Tuscan Halibut in Foil
- Yield 4 servings
With olives, squash and Parmesan cheese, this halibut dish is baked in foil, so clean up is a breeze.
- 4 -- (5-ounce) halibut steaks, skin removed
- -- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small zucchini, cut in quarters lengthwise, then sliced in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small yellow squash, cut in quarters lengthwise, then sliced in 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted calamata olives
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Cut four 12-inch square pieces of aluminum foil and set aside.
- Pat the halibut steaks dry with paper towels. Place one steak in the middle of each piece of aluminum foil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Combine the zucchini, squash, olives, cheese, olive oil, and basil in a bowl. Divide the mixture evenly and place on top of the halibut steaks (about 1/2 cup per serving). Fold the foil and seal the edges with narrow folds.
- Place the packets on a baking sheet and bake until the fish is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 18 minutes. Open the packets (be careful of the steam), place on individual plates, and serve immediately.
Recipe by Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD, and Liz Weiss, MS, RD. Cofounders, Meal Makeover Moms.com