Turkey Veggie “Sushi”
- Yield 2 servings
Turkey from the deli is rolled in multi-grain tortillas along with crispy veggies and reduced fat cheese in this mock “sushi.”
- 1 (9-inch) spinach or multi-grain tortilla
- 2 tablespoons low fat salad dressing
- 3 slices 99% fat-free deli turkey breast
- 1/2 cup cooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup grated or shredded carrots
- 2 slices peeled cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup packaged salad, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium slice tomato, cut into thin strips
- 4 thin slices of avocado
- 1 slice reduced-fat cheddar or provolone cheese, cut into strips
- Heat tortilla in microwave on HIGH for 15 seconds. Spread out on a work surface. Coat tortilla evenly with a thin spread of dressing.
- Arrange turkey slices over tortilla. Pile rice onto one-half of the turkey; press down to flatten a bit. Arrange shredded carrots, cucumber strips, lettuce, tomato, avocado and cheese strips in a line on top. Wrap and roll tortilla around rice and veggies. Place seam-side down; cut “sushi” into 2-inch-long pieces.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Kids