- Yield: 10 servings
"This is our favorite 'made-from-scraps' turkey recipe."
- 1 (8-ounce) package thin spaghetti
- 2cups shredded cooked turkey
- 3tablespoons butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2cups half-and-half
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, rinsed and drained
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 1cup herb stuffing mix, crushed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain. Place in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Stir in turkey.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and onion. Cook until onions are translucent. Add cheese, cream, pimiento, chilies, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until thoroughly heated. Pour into casserole. Top with stuffing mix, if using. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
Bonnie Mattox, Albuquerque, N.M.