- Yield 10 servings
- 1 (8-ounce) package thin spaghetti
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup herb stuffing mix, crushed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain. Place in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Stir in turkey.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and onion. Cook until onions are translucent. Add cheese, cream, pimiento, chilies, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until thoroughly heated. Pour into casserole. Top with stuffing mix, if using. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
Bonnie Mattox, Albuquerque, N.M.