Turkey Taco Salad
- Yield: servings
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4ounces ground turkey
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1teaspoon chili powder
- pinch ground cinnamon
- Romaine lettuce, cleaned and chopped
- 2 lime wedges
- 2tablespoons jarred salsa or pico de gallo
- 2tablespoons plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- Lightly spray a nonstick skillet with Mazola or Spectrum cooking spray.
- Preheat a pan and sauté the onion until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the turkey, cumin, chili powder, and cinnamon. Season to taste with salt.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the turkey is browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Place the lettuce on a plate and add the cooked turkey.
- Garnish with the lime wedges, salsa, and plain Greek nonfat yogurt.
Recipe courtesy of Keri Glassman