Turkey Sliders with Pomegranate Relish and Coleslaw
- Yield 8 servings
- Pomegranate Relish:
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup red onion, small dice
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 4 tablespoons good extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Turkey Sliders:
- 1 pound dark meat ground turkey
- 8 mini brioche or hamburger buns
- 2 cups green cabbage, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare the pomegranate relish. Over low heat, reduce balsamic vinegar by half.
- Saute red onion, chili flakes and rosemary sprig in extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until translucent and soft.
- Combine reduced vinegar and onions and let cool completely. Mix with fresh arils and season with salt and pepper.
- To prepare the turkey sliders and coleslaw: Form 2-ounce turkey patties and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine cabbages, carrot, mustard, mayonnaise, vinegar and extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to taste; toss together. Let sit for 30 minutes to develop flavors. Grill turkey patties until done.
- Toast buns. Place some coleslaw on each bun, top with a turkey patty and spoon some relish on top.
Recipe by Chef Brian Edwards / POM Wonderful