Turkey Sausage Lasagna
- Yield 8 servings
This lasagna combines Ricotta, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese with turkey sausage and your favorite light spaghetti sauce.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 -- (25 1/2-ounce) jar prepared, light spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups non-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- -- Vegetable cooking spray
- 8 -- uncooked lasagna noodles
- In large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, crumble ground turkey and sauté 8-9 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain. Stir in sauce, sage and oregano.
- In medium bowl combine Ricotta, Mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Spray 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray, spread 1 cup sauce into bottom of pan. Place 4 uncooked noodles over sauce, breaking to fit if necessary. Spread 1/2 of cheese mixture over noodles. Layer with 1/2 of remaining sauce, 4 noodles and remaining cheese.
- Top with remaining sauce, covering all noodles. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over top. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 45 minutes or until noodles are tender, lasagna is bubbling throughout and reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before cutting.