- Yield 12 to 14 servings
"This recipe for turkey salad was served at my son's wedding in 1970. Since then I have made it for many church and family potlucks and it always goes over well. It is a family favorite and an excellent way to use left over turkey. it also works well with chicken."
- 12 cups cooked diced turkey
- 4 cups diced celery
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 (10-ounce) jars watermelon pickles, diced
- 3 cups Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups chow mein noodles
- In a very large bowl, combine the turkey, celery, onion, and pickles. Stir in the Miracle Whip, curry, salt, and pepper. Toss in the chow mein noodles just before serving to retain their crunch.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen:
If watermelon pickles are hard to find, substitute 2 cups of golden raisins. This recipe for leftover turkey can be halved or even quartered. Chicken can also replace the turkey.
Recipe by Irene L. Faber, Shell Lake, Wis.