- Yield 4 servings
Prepare this quick and nourishing turkey dish in a single skillet.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 -- (10 3/4-ounce) cans reduced-sodium canned chicken broth
- 1 cup broccoli florets or sliced zucchini
- 1 -- (8-ounce) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 -- (6 1/2-ounces) turkey, flaked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in rice and cook until golden brown. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, stir, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper and turkey. Cover pan and cook for 5 minutes, until all liquid has been absorbed and the rice and vegetables are tender. Toss with grated cheese just before serving.