Turkey Raisin Panini
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
Raisins, turkey and cheese are a perfect combination of flavors and a delight to the tastebuds.
- Raisin spread:
- 2cups California raisins
- 1cup water
- 1/2cup balsamic vinegar
- 4pieces Focaccia bread
- 8ounces sliced Gruyere, Fontinella or Asiago cheese
- 1pound sliced deli turkey
- Olive oil for brushing
- To prepare raisin spread, combine raisins, 1 cup water, and balsamic in a small pan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until raisins rehydrate and the liquid reduces and thickens, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool. When cool, transfer mixture to the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth, 20 to 30 seconds.
- To prepare panini, heat a griddle over medium-low heat or preheat a panini press.
- Slice 1 focaccia square into halves. Spread a thin layer of the raisin mixture on the inside of both halves. Place 2 ounces of cheese on the bottom half, and then place 4 ounces of turkey on top. Focaccia top. Lightly brush top with olive oil.
- Cook sandwich until golden and warm, about 4 minutes per side on griddle or 4 minutes total in panini press..
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Recipe by Karen Burkett