Turkey-Potato Dinner Wraps
- Yield 4 servings
Filled with creamy potatoes and seasoned ground turkey, these wraps will be a favorite go-to dinner recipe.
- 3/4 pound (12-ounces) potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 pound (12-ounces) ground lean turkey
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning or basil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large (9- to 10-inch) whole wheat or high fiber tortillas
- Light sour cream (optional)
- Place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl; sprinkle with water. Cover, venting one corner. Microwave on HIGH 5 to 8 minutes just until potatoes are tender. (Time will depend on wattage of your oven.)
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add and break up turkey; cook 5 minutes, tossing occasionally. Mix in carrot; cook 2 minutes. Add potatoes and onions; cook and toss 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; mix in tomato sauce, cheese, and herbs. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to5 minutes until mixture is hot and most of sauce is absorbed. Season with salt and pepper.
- On work surface, lay out tortillas. Place 3Ž4 cup hot turkey mixture on each; fold and roll up as for burritos. Cut in halves and place on serving plates. Accompany with sour cream, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the United States Potato Board