Turkey Meat Loaf
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- 1/2cup onion, diced
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1/4cup shredded carrot
- 1tablespoon canola oil
- 3pounds ground turkey
- 1teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1/2cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 3tablespoons ketchup, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat oil in a small skillet. Add onion, garlic and carrot and sauté until soft. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Combine carrot mixture with turkey, parsley, bread crumbs, eggs, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Pack mixture into an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 140F. Slice and drizzle with ketchup, if desired.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Lunch Lessons by Ann Cooper and Lisa M. Holmes (Harper Collins, 2006).