Turkey Meat Loaf
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 60 mins
Baked in a loaf pan, Turkey Meat Loaf quick a boost of moisture from shredded carrots.
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 pounds ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons ketchup, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat oil in a small skillet. Add onion, garlic and carrot and sauté until soft. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Combine carrot mixture with turkey, parsley, bread crumbs, eggs, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Pack mixture into an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 140F. Slice and drizzle with ketchup, if desired.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Lunch Lessons by Ann Cooper and Lisa M. Holmes (Harper Collins, 2006).