Turkey Meat Loaf with Spinach and Bacon
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 80 mins
Lower in fat that the traditional meat loaf.
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 turkey bacon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except bacon. Shape into a loaf and place in a shallow baking dish. Arrange bacon across top.
- Bake 1 1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in the middle registers 160F.
By Jean Kressy.