Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound ground turkey
- 2tablespoons favorite spice mix (Asian, Mexican, or Indian curry blend)
- 1/4cup raisins
- 1/4-- onion, minced
- 1-2-- fresh chilis, chopped
- 1/2cup peanut butter
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon apple cider or white vinegar
- 1teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1large head of lettuce, leaves pulled apart, washed and dried
- To make the filling: Pour enough oil into a large sauté pan to thinly coat the bottom. On medium-high heat, brown the turkey.
- Add spice mix and remaining ingredients. Combine thoroughly, cover, and let cook 10 minutes. Mix again, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- While the filling is cooking, make the peanut sauce: In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, lemon or lime juice, olive oil, and vinegar. Adjust ingredients to achieve a pourable consistency, adding salt and red pepper flakes if desired.
SERVING NOTE: Let filling cool a bit, then scoop it into lettuce leaves and top with peanut sauce. Roll up or fold over the leaves and eat the wraps with your hands.
Republished with permission from The Feed Zone Cookbook.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 157
- Glycemic Load per serving
- Fat 1g
- Sodium 148mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 27g