Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Yield 4 servings
Lettuce wraps are great when you want a lighter meal that is still full of fantastic flavor.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons favorite spice mix (Asian, Mexican, or Indian curry blend)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 -- onion, minced
- 1-2 -- fresh chilis, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 large head of lettuce, leaves pulled apart, washed and dried
- To make the filling: Pour enough oil into a large sauté pan to thinly coat the bottom. On medium-high heat, brown the turkey.
- Add spice mix and remaining ingredients. Combine thoroughly, cover, and let cook 10 minutes. Mix again, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- While the filling is cooking, make the peanut sauce: In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, lemon or lime juice, olive oil, and vinegar. Adjust ingredients to achieve a pourable consistency, adding salt and red pepper flakes if desired.
SERVING NOTE: Let filling cool a bit, then scoop it into lettuce leaves and top with peanut sauce. Roll up or fold over the leaves and eat the wraps with your hands.
Republished with permission from The Feed Zone Cookbook.