Turkey Lettuce Cups
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2cup fresh lime juice
- 3tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon)
- 1tablespoon Thai fish sauce (available in the ethnic foods aisle of your grocery store)
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2-- red onion, diced
- 3small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1-- 4-inch piece of lemongrass, minced (1/4 c)
- 1-- serrano chile, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2pounds ground lean turkey
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1/2cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1head butter lettuce, separated
- 1. For dressing, whisk together lime and lemon juices, fish sauce and honey. Set aside.
- 2. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion, shallots, lemongrass (if using) and chile. Cook until vegetables begin to soften (about 5 minutes). Add turkey. Cook, stirring frequently, until meat and vegetables are cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- 3. Add dressing to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in mint. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Divide turkey mixture among four lettuce leaves and serve.
Reprinted from Weeknights with Giada by Giada De Laurentiis, copyright © 2012. Photos © 2012 by Amy Neunsinger. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 270
- Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 65mg
- Sodium 600mg
- Carbohydrate 16g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 43g