- Yield 8 to 10 servings
This quick and tasty one-dish meal is a great way to use leftover turkey.
- 1 pound turkey sausage or low-fat sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (6-ounce) packages long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked, diced turkey breasts or thighs (4 cups)
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Slice sausage into small pieces and cook in a nonstick skillet on medium heat until browned. Add onions and mushrooms and cook until veggies are tender. Drain an excess grease or liquid.
- Add the following to skillet: wild rice, seasoning packet and water. Cook rice according to package instructions. Toss in turkey and artichoke hearts and stir. Garnish with green onions.