- Yield 4 servings
Try this time-tested favorite with turkey for a healthy and delicious meal.
- 1 pound turkey breast cutlets or slices, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 -- clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 -- red bell pepper, cut into 1/8- x 2-inch strips
- 1 -- green pepper, cut into 1/8- x 2-inch strips
- 2 cups onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 8 -- flour tortillas
- -- Reduced-calorie sour cream, optional
- -- Guacamole, optional
- -- Salsa, or Pico de Gallo sauce, optional
- In 1-quart bowl combine turkey, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- In large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, stir-fry turkey mixture in 1 teaspoon oil for 4 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining teaspoon of oil to skillet. Stir-fry red and green peppers 2 minutes or until slightly softened. Add onion; cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Return turkey strips to skillet. Pour lime juice over mixture and stir to combine. Remove from heat and serve immediately in flour tortillas.
- Garnish with sour cream, guacamole and Pica de Gallo sauce, if desired.