The National Turkey Federation
- 1pound turkey breast cutlets or slices, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-- clove garlic, minced
- 1/2teaspoon cumin
- 1/4teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1-- red bell pepper, cut into 1/8- x 2-inch strips
- 1-- green pepper, cut into 1/8- x 2-inch strips
- 2cups onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 8-- flour tortillas
- -- Reduced-calorie sour cream, optional
- -- Guacamole, optional
- -- Salsa, or Pico de Gallo sauce, optional
In 1-quart bowl combine turkey, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
In large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, stir-fry turkey mixture in 1 teaspoon oil for 4 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Add remaining teaspoon of oil to skillet. Stir-fry red and green peppers 2 minutes or until slightly softened. Add onion; cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Return turkey strips to skillet. Pour lime juice over mixture and stir to combine. Remove from heat and serve immediately in flour tortillas.
Garnish with sour cream, guacamole and Pica de Gallo sauce, if desired.