Turkey Diablo Sandwiches
- Yield: servings
- Chipotle Mayonnaise:
- 1-- chipotle pepper, minced
- 1/4-- bunch cilantro, rinsed well, drained and chopped
- 1teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2cup mayonnaise
- 1-- large lime
- -- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2-- slices hearty sourdough bread
- 4ounces oven-roasted turkey breast, sliced
- 4-- thin slices sweet onion
- 1-- (1-ounce) slice Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4-- avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2-- Roma tomato, sliced
- -- Red lettuce leaves, washed, drained and chilled
- To prepare the mayonnaise, mix chipotle pepper with cilantro, garlic and mayonnaise.
- Squeeze 1/2 the lime into mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To prepare the sandwich, spread 1 tablespoon Chipotle Mayo on each bread slice. Top 1 slice bread with roasted turkey.
- Place thinly sliced red onions along with Pepper Jack cheese on the other bread slice.
- Broil in preheated oven or salamander broiler to melt the cheese and heat the turkey.
- Remove from oven and place slices of avocado atop the melted cheese.
- Layer tomatoes and lettuce atop the turkey.
- Assemble sandwich and slice on the diagonal.
Recipe by Chef Nolan Marye, Marye's Gourmet Pizza, Austin, Texas.