The National Turkey Federation
- Cilantro-Peanut Pesto:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4cup dry roasted salted peanuts
- 1/4cup scallions, cut into chunks
- 1cup cilantro leaves, washed, dried and packed
- 1/4cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4ounces olive oil
- 1/2cup coconut milk
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1/4cup honey
- 1/4cup cilantro leaves, washed, dried and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2tablespoons curry powder
- 2teaspoons chili powder
- 2teaspoons cumin
- 1tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2pounds turkey cutlets, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Non-stick vegetable spray
- 1 1/2pounds soba noodles, dry
- To prepare pesto, place garlic, peanuts, scallions, cilantro, lime juice and red pepper in the food processor and puree until smooth.
- Slowly add olive oil, scraping the bowl as required.
- To prepare turkey, in small bowl, combine coconut milk, oil, honey, cilantro, garlic, curry powder, chili powder, cumin, lime juice and soy sauce.
- Pour 1/3 cup of mixture over turkey strips, tossing to coat thoroughly. Reserve remaining mixture. Cover and marinate turkey for 2 hours.
- Prepare soba noodles according to package directions.
- While cooking noodles, drain turkey. Coat large, non-stick skillet with vegetable spray and stir-fry turkey over medium-high heat until no longer pink, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add reserved coconut mixture to turkey and heat until hot.
- In a shallow soup bowl, serve turkey mixture atop soba noodles. Serve with Cilantro Pesto and garnish with additional cilantro leaves and lime wedges.
blog comments powered by
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 657
- Fat 31g
- Cholesterol 70mg
- Sodium 743mg
- Carbohydrate 61g
- Protein 39g