- Yield 6 servings
A great meal to make with leftover turkey.
Replace the turkey with tofu and the chicken broth with vegetable broth for a vegetarian version. Serve with brown rice or barley.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 -- large onion, finely chopped
- 2 -- teaspoons curry powder
- 2 -- (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 pound cooked turkey, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- -- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons almond slices, to garish
- Heat oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and curry powder; cook, stirring often, until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth and coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Add turkey, cover, reduce heat, and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and continue to simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with almond slices. Serve with brown rice or barley.
Reprinted with permission from Ying Chang Compestine's Ying's Best One-Dish Meals: Quick and Healthy Recipes for the Entire Family (Sellers Publishing, 2011).