- Yield: 6 servings
Replace the turkey with tofu and the chicken broth with vegetable broth for a vegetarian version. Serve with brown rice or barley.
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/2cup coconut milk
- 1pound cooked turkey, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 3cups fresh baby spinach
- Salt and pepper
- 3tablespoons almond slices, to garish
- Heat oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and curry powder; cook, stirring often, until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth and coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Add turkey, cover, reduce heat, and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and continue to simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with almond slices. Serve with brown rice or barley.
Reprinted with permission from Ying Chang Compestine's Ying's Best One-Dish Meals: Quick and Healthy Recipes for the Entire Family (Sellers Publishing, 2011).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 323
- Fat 15g
- Carbohydrate 7g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 39g