Turkey Cranberry Pita Pockets
- Yield 4 servings
A great use for leftover holiday turkey.
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup wholoe cranberry sauce
- 2 -- pita pockets
- 4 -- red lettuce leaves
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 8 slices smoked turkey
- -- Fresh sprouts
- Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sugar, walnuts and cranberry sauce in a bowl. Cut each pita in two. Spread cream cheese mixture inside each pocket. Stuff the pocket with 1 lettuce leaf, 2 basil leaves and 2 turkey slices. Add a generous amount of sprouts to each sandwich. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Favorite Recipes from the Black Forest Inn’s Black Hills Treasures (Black Forest Inn, Rapid City, South Dakota, 2002).